We all receive a lot of telephone messages every day, some more important than others.
Think about that sweet message from a child who just wants to say goodnight to Daddy. Or the urgent message from a young wife who has just gone into labor. Can you really put a value on those messages?
But we do, don’t we? We weigh calls by value. No matter the industry, a common reaction to a ringing phone is that it’s one more task to be handled – possibly even an aggravation. Until we interrupt that ring and say “hello,” the caller on the other end is merely a faceless noise – just another barrier between us and our daily responsibilities.
But do you know what your business’s telephone messages are truly worth? Focus has been fielding business calls and taking messages for more than three decades, and we have seen and heard it all when it comes to customer service and caller satisfaction. We can tell you one thing: whether pennies or millions – every call counts. Consider some of the messages we’ve taken for our clients.
- Sure, a message for your towing company client could result in a $350 pitstop, or it could lead to a city contract worth over $1 million a year.
- That computer repair call may tally $250 in minor upgrades. However, if your client’s customer loses its payroll data as a result, it could affect the lives of every single employee – and their families.
- A water leak on the second floor of an apartment complex may start as just a trickle. But the ceiling cave-in that ultimately follows might open the financial floodgates.
- Proper handling of a call from a resident warning of a gas leak could save millions of dollars – not to mention hundreds of lives.
- Even a call regarding a light out in a hallway could save a resident from falling and injuring themselves (it can also save the property manager from a costly lawsuit.)
- Taking a message from a physician’s office could lead to a $65 office visit, a $3,000 procedure, or a $30,000 surgery. And it could very well save a life.
Now just consider: can you afford to miss any of these potentially priceless messages – or worse – have them cast off to the no man’s land of voicemail?
Focus answers thousands of calls on behalf of our customers each and every week – and we can do the same for you. We understand the gravity of every single ring and can give your callers the care and attention they deserve, while making certain you never lose another potentially priceless message.