Business Etiquette
Home 9 Business Etiquette 9 How to Make the 80/20 Rule Work for You 100 Percent of the Time

Archives

80/20 rule

How to Make the 80/20 Rule Work for You 100 Percent of the Time

Business Etiquette

September 12, 2021

The Pareto Principle states that – for many outcomes – roughly 80% of consequences come from 20% of causes. Other names for this principle include “The Law of the Vital Few,” or “The Principle of Factor Sparsity.” Most business owners recognize it as the 80/20 Rule, however. We think of it often when we say “20% of our customers bring in 80% of our income.” We may also realize 80% of our mistakes are caused by 20% of our employees (and we work hard to correct that!)

Rarely, though, do business owners consider that most of us are only performing at our best skill level a mere 20% of the time. The other 80% is likely spent on tasks others could easily do – monotonous administrative tasks like data entry, order taking and processing, and so much more.

We also tend to forget or are unaware, that perhaps 20% of our phone calls are important, and the remaining 80% are repetitive questions – questions that don’t require our best people to answer.

There is a remedy to such 80/20 disparities. The same people at Focus Answering Service who answer your after-hours calls so effectively can answer your daytime calls too! This frees your best and your brightest to do their best work.

When you and your staff can spend more of your precious, limited time accomplishing more of the work that demands your unique skills (the work that generates greater career and financial rewards) – everyone benefits. Your work is more challenging, fresher, and much more financially rewarding.

Focus is a 24-hour answering service that provides a comprehensive array of customer service functions:

  • Email processing
  • Ticket entry
  • Report generation
  • Telephone orders
  • Follow-up calls
  • And more!

Let us take the busy work out of your busy day and boost your productivity to 100 percent. Talk with us, soon.