Answering services for caterers is a very valuable because it is a high-stress, high-octane, hospitality-centric field where your team must tend to the hearts and stomachs of clients, frequently on the most important days of their lives.
Autumn, and particularly October, can be wall-to-wall busy with wedding bookings, homecoming gatherings, Halloween galas, and so much more. Calls coming in around the clock are par for the course, and you still have knishes to bake and napkins to fold.
Here are just three ways an answering service for catering companies can deliver a winning spread, while turning the heat way down on any flames of frustration.
- Party planners and frantic brides have questions. Answering services have… well, you know. Answering services for caterers are adept at fielding routine FAQs regarding your industry. Relieving your crew of answering monotonous, run-of-the-mill questions, frees them to focus on food prep, site décor, and other critical catering job tasks. Your answering service can confidently address common customer and prospect questions, like:
- What kinds of events do you cater for?
- How far in advance do I need to book for catering?
- Are servers provided?
- What is the dress code for waitstaff?
- Does your menu accommodate special requests (kosher, vegan, organic, etc.)?
- Your busy schedule should be a blessing, not a burden. It’s good to be busy and to have a booked catering schedule. Still, sometimes important calls come in during an equally important consultation or troubleshooting meeting with a client, and when that happens – you need a contingency plan. Your catering answering service is there to take the calls you can’t, providing the attentive, knowledgeable customer service you have come to be known for – while dispatching a detailed and accurate message to you via text, email, or telephone for follow-up asap.
- You don’t want to fall asleep at the oven (or on your feet). Taking care of customers can feel like a 24/7 job, and in many ways it is. But that doesn’t mean you can stop taking care of yourself in the process. Getting ample sleep is essential to performing your duties to the best of your ability. That means letting someone else take over the phone lines while you and your team get some rest. An around-the-clock answering service will represent your company with professionalism and courtesy in the interim, efficiently dispatching and escalating calls that meet certain criteria, while transferring all others to your office for your attention on the next business day.
Focus Answering Service specializes in delivering quality solutions for caterers. Let our team man your phones, while you help your clients make lasting memories. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.